A tummy tuck can improve the appearance of your midsection. With a three-pronged approach, Dr. Bharti can provide a flatter, firmer abdomen. If your midsection is protruding due to body weight changes or previous pregnancy, a tummy tuck can help.
Dr. Bharti makes the tummy tuck incision, traveling from hip to hip.
Loose tissue is removed and the underlying muscles are repaired.
Why Undergo A Tummy Tuck?
- A tummy tuck is recommended when diet and exercise fail to provide a flatter abdomen. Loose skin and excess fat can protrude from the midsection, especially after weight loss or pregnancy. These problems are solved through tummy tuck surgery.
- Dr. Bharti may recommend a tummy tuck for you if you have stretched abdominal muscles, loose skin on your tummy, or excess fat on your belly.
Your Tummy Tuck With Dr. Bharti
- Your surgical goals and medical history will be discussed thoroughly. Dr. Bharti will create a surgical plan that meets your personal needs. This will involve a complete examination of the surgical area. Often, Dr. Bharti will see you back for another visit to make sure your fully understand the procedure and your options.
- Full tummy tucks are performed under general anesthesia. In some cases, a mini tummy tuck or panniculectomy (removal of loose abdominal skin) may be performed with sedation using local anesthetic.
- The incision is made from hip to hip in a location below the swimsuit line. Loose skin is lifted, and your abdominal muscles are tightened in the midline. This tightens the waistline and smoothes the stomach. Excess fatty tissue is removed through liposuction as well.
- Excess skin is removed and the remaining skin edges aretightened together and your belly button is repositioned. Dr. Bharti closes the incision with multiple layered absorbable sutures.
What To Expect After Surgery
- The incisions are first covered in dressings and bandages. A small tube may be used to drain away any excess fluid.
- Your treatment area will be wrapped in a compression garment. This garment will be worn during your recovery, helping to minimize swelling and promote skin contraction. Compression garmets are worn for 4-6 weeks after your surgery.
- Swelling and minor discomfort may occur during the first two weeks. During these first weeks, it may be difficult to stand, especially for long periods.
- Dr. Bharti will give you instructions about returning to work and normal activities. Your routine may be resumed in one to two weeks. However, strenuous activity should be postponed for a few months.
Tummy Tuck Options
- For optimal body contouring, Dr. Bharti may perform liposuction to remove the excess fat. For less serious conditions where skin is still elastic, liposuction may be performed alone. In these cases, your skin will tighten naturally to hide the lost volume.
- Customized body contouring for specific areas is another option. Dr. Bharti will remove excess skin and fat wherever necessary, in areas such as the arms, thighs, back, buttocks and elsewhere.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. Bharti
Dr. Bharti will discuss all of the details of tummy tuck surgery during your consultation. You may also view procedure photos or discuss the cost of tummy tuck surgery in Johnson City. Please visit our contact page to send an email. Our office address is 325 North State of Franklin Road, Johnson City, TN 37604.