Even intense chest exercise may not be enough to create a sculpted male chest. Pectoral implants bring a masculine contour to the chest. They are an excellent treatment for genetically flat or shallow chest profiles as well. Pectoral implants may also be used to address imbalances in your physique.
Why Undergo Pectoral Implant Surgery?
- If you have been unable to add bulk to this area despite weight lifting, then pectoral implants may be right for you.
- Pectoral implants can balance the right and left sides of your chest, enhancing natural symmetry.
- If you have a chest that appears weak, sunken or disproportionately small, you should consider pectoral augmentation with Dr. Bharti.
Your Pectoral Augmentation with Dr. Bharti
- Dr. Bharti will thoroughly discuss your previous medical history and answer any questions. Your surgical plan will specifically address your goals for the procedure.
- The procedure is typically performed under general anesthetic or local anesthesia with sedation. This helps ensure your comfort during the surgery.
- Most pectoral implant procedures involve small incisions hidden around the nipple and within the armpits. Through these incisions, a pocket is created underneath the pectoral muscles. The specially sized implants are slid into the pockets. They are then secured in place with dissolvable sutures.
- The implants are adjusted for proper chest balance. Tissue may be repositioned and secured for additional stability. The incisions are then closed.
What to Expect After Surgery
- The closed incisions are covered with a dressing or bandage. In some cases, drains may be used to relieve fluid buildup. You should be able to return home within a few hours.
- A compression garment will be given to support the breasts, limit swelling and improve healing. This garment is typically worn for about three weeks.
- You may experience some discomfort in the first week, which can be treated with medication. Bruising and swelling should go down in 1-2 weeks.
- You should be able to resume work or normal activity after one week. The stitches are often removed at this time. More strenuous activity may be resumed in six weeks.
- The pectoral implant procedure may be augmented by the use of liposuction. This enhances the appearance of the pectoral implants.
- More serious cases of excess breast tissue may require breast reduction. In this situation, breast tissue is taken out prior to the insertion of the implants.
- Contouring of the upper body may help accent existing chest muscle. By removing extra fat from the arms or chest, the pectoral muscles may be enhanced in appearance.